Anti travel sickness medication to remedy motion sickness available to buy online from Dr Fox.
All medication supplied is UK licensed.
|Travel sickness treatment||Quantity||Cost|
|Kwells 0.3mg hyoscine||12 tablets||£6.90|
|Kwells 0.3mg hyoscine||24 tablets||£9.60|
|Kwells 0.3mg hyoscine||36 tablets||£13.40|
|Stugeron (cinnarizine 15mg)||15 tablets||£3.70|
|Stugeron (cinnarizine 15mg)||30 tablets||£7.40|
|Stugeron (cinnarizine 15mg)||45 tablets||£11.10|
|Avomine 25mg (promethazine)||10 tablets||£6.20|
|Avomine 25mg (promethazine)||20 tablets||£8.30|
|Avomine 25mg (Promethazine)||28 tablets||£10.55|
|Scopoderm Patches hyoscine 1mg/72hrs||2 patches (3 days each)||£17.20|
|Scopoderm Patches hyoscine 1mg/72hrs||4 patches (3 days each)||£33.00|
|Scopoderm Patches hyoscine 1mg/72hrs||10 patches (3 days each)||£73.90|
Dr Fox supplies medicine on prescription and charges a small prescription fee based on the order value of each prescription.
Prescriptions are issued by our doctors online and sent electronically to our pharmacy.
If you have your own private or NHS paper prescription please post to our pharmacy (details).
Dr Fox prices are 25%–50% lower than other UK online clinics.
|Order value||Prescription fee|
|up to £10||£1.00|
|up to £20||£2.00|
|up to £40||£3.00|
UK delivery only: £2.90 per consultation via Royal Mail 24 Signed For (1-3 working days with tracking).
Parcel forwarding services are not permitted. Use only UK home or work delivery address.
Returns and refunds - unwanted items can be returned within 14 working days for a full refund.
Travel or motion sickness (triggered by cars, boats, trains, aeroplanes, and occasionally computer games) is caused when your brain receives mixed messages from your eyes and the balance mechanism in your inner ear. It is confused by apparently conflicting information about movement and responds with feelings of dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
Travel sickness medications work by damping down the confusion in the brain.
Anti-sickness treatment works best when taken before the nausea starts, although can be taken after the onset, when it will still help to reduce nausea.
In some people anti-sickness treatments have the side effect of drowsiness. You should not drive or operate machinery whilst taking anti-sickness medication unless you have experience of them and know they do not affect your alertness.
Travel sickness treatments
There are a few widely used travel sickness medications: hyoscine, also known as scopolamine (Scopoderm and Kwells), promethazine (Avomine), and cinnarizine (Stugeron). Hyoscine is generally considered to be a little more effective than promethazine and cinnarizine, but it can cause more side effects. The least sedative option is cinnarizine.
How to take
Take tablets or apply patch before a journey, or at the onset of symptoms.
- Scopoderm patches (hyoscine 1.5mg): self-adhesive patches active for 3 days (72 hours). Apply 5-6 hours before journey. REMOVE patch after 3 days and replace if needed for a longer time, eg. for a long sea passage.
- Kwells tablets (hyoscine 0.3mg): 1-2 tablets 30 minutes before journey, repeated 6 hourly as needed. Maximum 3 tablets in 24 hours.
- Avomine tablets (promethazine 25mg): 1 tablet at bedtime the night before travel or alternatively 1-2 hours before travel, then one every 6 hours as needed. Do not use for longer than 7 days without consulting a doctor.
- Stugeron tablets (cinnarizine 15mg): 2 tablets 2 hours before journey, then one tablet every 8 hours as needed.
Anti-sickness medication may cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
Not suitable for people with glaucoma, trouble with bladder, prostate, or bowel obstruction, people taking drugs such as tranquillisers or anti-depressants or in pregnancy.
A full list of possible side effects is found in the patient information leaflets but the most common are:
- Scopoderm and Kwells (hyoscine) - drowsiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, changes in size of pupils, dry mouth, decreased sweating, and local skin irritation (with patch).
- Avomine (promethazine) - drowsiness, dizziness, restlessness, headaches, nightmares, tiredness, and disorientation/confusion.
- Stugeron (cinnarizine) - drowsiness and nausea.
Other ways to reduce travel sickness
Some forms of motion are more likely to cause travel sickness than others. More people get sea sickness than car or plane sick.
- Sit in the front rather than back of a car if possible.
- Driving the car or steering the boat can help in mild cases.
- Sit near the wing of a plane or the centre of a boat.
- Where possible sit near an open window.
- Close your eyes, or better still try to sleep.
- Avoid reading or looking at screens (some disagree).
- Fix the eyes on distant objects rather than nearby moving objects such as waves or other cars.
- Avoid alcohol or heavy meals, particularly greasy or spicy food that might sit on the stomach, and avoid strong food smells.
- Take breaks in a journey when you can if you are feeling sick.
- Acupressure bands help some people.
- Anti motion sickness glasses can help the brain to readjust.
For more detailed information about each medication see the individual product pages and patient information leaflet links below (important if you have serious medical disorders or take regular medicine).Buy treatment
Dr Fox supplies travel sickness medication on prescription – you are required to answer a short medical questionnaire before your order can be completed.
- BMJ, 2011, Managing motion sickness, accessed 06 October 2020
- GlaxoSmithKline, 2019, Scopoderm 1.5mg Patch: Summary of Product Characteristics, accessed 06 October 2020
- Bayer, 2018, Kwells 300 microgram tablets: Summary of Product Characteristics, accessed 06 October 2020
- McNeil, 2019, Stugeron 15: Summary of Product Characteristics, accessed 06 October 2020
The order process
Answer short medical questionnaire
Choose medication, register, and pay
Doctor issues prescription online
Pharmacy team post medication direct
“Very happy to use this online pharmacy service. Reasonable prices and swift delivery.”08 October 2020 – Jane B., Walton-on-Thames
“The service was very straightforward and efficient. The delivery time was also good.”08 October 2020 – Anonymous
“The goods are excellent , the service is excellent , and your ordering system is excellent”08 October 2020 – Mike T., Dorset
“Easy to order, competitive price & quick delivery. I would order again from this company.”08 October 2020 – Anonymous
“Pleased with the service”08 October 2020 – Anonymous
“Fast, efficient service. Excellent product. Kept fully informed throughout the process.”08 October 2020 – lei f., Pembroke Dock
“Good”08 October 2020 – Anonymous
“Great quick service”08 October 2020 – Anonymous
“Great thank you it's been really helpful”08 October 2020 – Anonymous
“Very quick reply :) :)”08 October 2020 – Vaughan W., Deganwy
“Service just as good as usual”08 October 2020 – Leneord A., Shefford